- Next Events?
- Holochain Hackathon - SFO March 6 - 8, 2017
Contact us if you’re interested in organizing one in your area. Projected Hackathon possibilities
- June 2017 - Boston, MA
- August 3-5 2017 - Ashland, OR (in partnership with Circuit Youth)
- late August 2017 - San Francisco, CA
- September 2017 - Upstate New York
- November 2017 - Aix en Provence, France (Cryptocurrencies focused hackathon?)
- February 2018 - Auroville, India
Holochain Hackathon - SFO March 6 - 8, 2017
Our first hackathon was a fantastic success! It was the unveiling of our Holochain software which was barely ready for development, but people jumped into building apps and supplementing parts of the system by upgrading our testing framework and dockerizing our installation.
Some people participated remotely during our live stream and at other times. We had some great events, meals, and gatherings that people came to who couldn’t make it during the hackathon.
- Zachary Larson - Development of Lisp Clutter (twitter-alike)
- Anders Aamodt - Clutter UI (Cats!), Windows Installation Docs, and code commenting
- Nicolas Luck - Development of Test Rig and Holochat (slack-alike)
- Christopher “Day Zee” - Docker Development and Bootstrap Server
- Chris Larcombe - Sharing Visionary Applications of Holochain
- Duke Jones - Docker Scripting and Development
- Christian Crawford - Sample App Development
- Haiz Oppenheimer - Holochat UI Development
- Jack Senechal - Trust Exchange on Holochain, JS Docs, and Bug Fixes
- Noah Thorp - Trust Exchange on Holochain and Bug Fixes
- Harlan Wood - Trust Exchange on Holochain, Bug Fixes, and First Docker App (TEH)
- Jarod Holtz - Meals, Video Documentation, Live Feed Production, Love, and Care
- Celestial Hanley - Meals, Love, and Care
- Ferananda Ibarra - Facilitation, Social Media, Live Feed Production
- Matthew Schutte - Housing, Hosting, Hackathon Production
- Arthur Brock - Documentation and Training
- Eric Harris-Braun - Making it all work (software), keeping up with bug fixes and developer needs
- Alex Voto - Writings in Progress
- Vienna Looi - Holochain for Windows Documentation
- Jeff Clearwater - Bridge Building & Strategic Relationships
- Trent Lapinski - Writings in Progress
- Twain Liu - Meme Breakthroughs for Communication
- Nicholas Perrin - Co-organized Vancouver group at DCNTRL
- Chelsea Palmer - Co-organized Vancouver group at DCNTRL
- Haiz Oppenheimer - Hosted Asheville gathering at Shiny Creek
- Robert Best - Livestream & Slack Participation
- Judd Maltin - Livestream & Slack Participation
- Timothy Carlin-Burns - Bug fixes and Go optimizations
Applications Built (but not fully stable yet)
- Distributed Slack-alike: Do your slack chat team conversations without a central server. Implement a different holochain instance for each team.
- Distributed Twitter: Micro-post broadcasting without central server infrastructure
- Trust Exchange - Making signed claims, information, ratings.
Other Apps in Progress or On Deck
- Distributed PKI (Public Key Infrastructure): Reliable decentralized infrastructure to share, search, find, validate public keys against contact information of individuals.
- Rating / Tagging / Feedback: Distributed way to assert metrics, semantics, and annotations on to any addressable / linkable item
- Fact Checking: Distributed fact checking system
- Shares / Incentives / Rewards: Mutual Credit Cryptoshares, Cryptocurrencies
Other Lurking Ideas for Holochain Apps
- Personal Syncro Chain which publishes to larger Group Holochains: What if you want to have a handful of your devices synchronize with each other on a holochain, but present themselves as a unified address in groups you participate in?
- Quantified Self Universal Logging App: Log whatever you want to your personal data store.
What do you want to work on?
Do not participate in a hackathon from your car – bad things can happen: